Advice on new setup please!! I know, another one of these threads.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditosdad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 40 gal that I just set up about 4 days ago and right now I am experiencing the milk white cloudy water. It started off a little cloudy from the gravel then cleared up real fast then on day 2 it went milky white on me. I tested the water the water and all of the readings came out perfect. I was wondering if I still needed to cycle the tank first or can I add a few fish and monitor them closely without over or under feeding them? Also I am not doing live plants or anything else except fish.

I'll bet you are excited, waiting for your cycle to complete is like a kid waiting for Christmas.

While your tank is cycling, you can use the time to plan what kind of fish you will get. Its a good time to make sure the fish you are planning are compatible together, and other important factors.

Fishless cycling and making sure your fish stock choices are compatible will definately help you avoid many of the pitfalls common to many new tank owners.

I definately wish you the best!

Reactions: HN1
Fishless cycle is the best way to go. I have had the same thing happen with the water clearing and then a day or two later cloud up. Don't worry about that. It will clear up in a few days. Just keep watching and testing your water.

Today will be day 2 for testing ammonia levels in the fishless cycle process. I am going out of town until the 3rd and am unsure if I can get away with missing 4 days of testing the ammonia levels and also thats when I will need to start testing the nitrite levels also. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom