Advice please fish lost scales??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have come home today to see a fish that looks like it has either lost scales, been attacked or has a type of disease. Please see photo

If anyone can offer advice then please help. Not sure if I need to remove the fish from my tank.

Attachments

• image-1472569651.jpg
    image-1472569651.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 108
Are there other chromis in there? Looks like open red sore to me which I've read they're prone to. It's fungal or bacterial and requires a hospital tank and meds.

Yes there are two more but they don't seem to have anything wrong with them. I thought a boxer shrimp or emerald crab might of nipped the fish. I do not have a quarantine tank. Should I still remove the fish do you think?

Well he might be getting bullied by one or both of the others. I've read you can feed multiple times a day to lessen the aggression. I bought three and they would pick on the weak one til he died then the two would fight so I was left with 1. I know they like to be in schools in the wild but after my experience I read dozens of stories of the same thing happening. I hope yours make it.

The same happened to me. No I only have one left :(

The guy at my LFS calls it chromis AIDS. Was going to pick some up but he didn't have any because he said his last batch had this. He said he only orders small quantities at a time because this can wipe out all chromis in a tank within days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom