African cichlid aggression when light off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovepercs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I'm having an aggression problem in my 90 gallon African cichlid tank. I went out today and bought a new beauty, I forget the name of the fish I'll post a picture soon. Anyways, I came home and acclimated and added him into the tank. I had currently a 6-7 inch Venustus, 4 inch blue zebra, 5 inch elec blue hap, 4 inch firefish, and 5 little yellow labs. The cichlid I bought is 8-9 inches, bigger than anyone in my tank, when it was introduced into the tank the Venustus chased him for the first 10 minutes and then it stopped. Now at night I turned my light off and immediately my Venustus started chasing and attacking my new guy, it's weird because he is docile when the light is on but as soon as it's off he goes crazy. Anyone have an idea why its going on? I'll post a pick of the new cichlid son but he has a blue had and a purplish red body. Thanks :D

I've already tried rearranging the tank, and I went out and bought more cover

Just give it time haha. Mine do the same thing but I have 30+ Africans in my tank. Just need to give it time. Hopefully your venustus won't get overly aggressive with your new fish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom