African Dwarf Frog tank size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to get a betta fish tank between 2 and 5 gallons, preferably 2-3. I would also like to get an ADF in the same tank. Can I have a betta and ADF together? What would be the MINIMUM tank size?
Anything I should know about the frogs?:thanks:

I had 2 ADF in my betta tank before moving them, that was in a 5 gal, and the bettas we're knew to the tank, they got along fine but I'm sure it was circumstantial

55 - Soon to be Cichild tank
46 - Livebearer/Marmorkreb tank
20 - Cobalt Blue Lobster Tank
10 - Betta Tank

Yes you can keep them together, but you may need to hand feed the frogs if the beta is greedy with the food.

I'd go with 1gal per frog/fish minimum. A 5 gallon is nice though even with only 1/2 pets, since betas will appreciate and thrive in a bit more space. Even though they can tolerate tiny tanks, a bit more room is recommended :)

I would say a 10 gallon if you want to get multiple fronts but make sure you get the frogs first and then the beta but you could easily do those in a 5 gallon I would say 4 frogs one Betta fish

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Is there any way i could just do one or two frogs and a beta or do frogs need groups?
Also could I get the frog and beta at the same time?

The frogs are ok alone but you will see them more if theres at least two.. it adds security. If the tank is well cycled you can add them at the same time

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Frogs are very sociable. I have 7 and they love interacting and being together. Also recommend 1 male to 2 females so they don't get harrassed. I have them in a 20g with 4 platys and 2 wcmm and now 5 platy fry. I've heard they are slow feeders and often need hand feeding but mine are straight there at the first sign of food. They are very peaceful so just make sure that the betya won't attack them or cause them to hide more Aa they are quite delicate ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is the tank size okay (2.5 gal) for a betta and frog? One person on a different thread said that their betta alone was not healthy in a 2.5 gal, but I'm wondering if that was circumstantial. I've seen a betta that thrived in a vase (though I know that was way too small for it).

its more of a bioload issues then an aggression issue, as far as i know bettas are pretty calm with ADF. but the bioload in a 2-5 gallon with to frogs and a betta will easily get out of hand.

The frogs prefer at least one buddy. I had my betta and one ADF in my 5g without problems until I read they like companions. I got another and moved them to my 20g planted. So, I'd say a 10g for a betta and some frogs would be great.

Back
Top Bottom