African Dwarf Frogs :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xzap

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 4 ADF's in my 29 gal tank. I can watch these guys all day and LMAO at them. Anyone else keep them ?
I've attached a pic of one of them doing the "burble".. standing on one leg and kicking the other 3 out to the side :p

Thx,

Dave

Attachments

• adf1_895.jpg
    adf1_895.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 105
hehe, I love them. Unfortunatly the betta in the same tank didn't love them and so they didn't stay long. I'd put them in my 55 only I think they'd get eaten.

Looking at your tank profile, I don't see anything in there that would eat them. I'm not that familiar with plecs, is that the ones you are leary of?

dave

no, but my angels are picky with anything that is either slow or very small. Actually, the ADFs were in the tank for a while but they seemed to have trouble getting to the surface for air (and there are no floating plants in that tank like my 5 gallon has) so I decided it wouldn't be a good hom for them.

I have an Angel in with my ADF's and she doesn't seem to pay them any attention. One was floating the other day and the angel watched him for a while, but never made a move. I feed my fish crickets, I think the angel thought it was a cricket, until further inspection.

Dave

how do you prepare the crickets for them? I wouldn't imagine that angel being big enough to eat one whole, unless it was a tiny one. Anyway, I am always looking to get different foods for my fish to eat so I am very curious about those crickets (my LFS has tons for sale)

Preparation is easy, drop them in the tank. The Black Widows go into a frenzy when they get a hold of a cricket. I get the small ones from my LFS.

Dave

I added one to my wife's guppy tank. He does a get job of weeding out alot of the fry, so the guppy population doesn't get out of control. He is fun to watch grabbing and hidding shrimp pellets, and he seems to be fat and happy. haha

Back
Top Bottom