After having a debate with my mom at petsmart..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think i might of missed something but are you buying the set or the stuff seperate?

personally i think you should try for a 55 and wait a little longer. it could go both ways. it could show your mom your responsible with your money and wont buy on impulse... or it go she gets more time to think about it and not let you get it anymore. when i bought my 30 i knew within 2 months that i should of tried for a 55? im not saying 20 isnt good enough, just if you get a bigger tank you wont have to upgrade.

My mom won't let me buy the kit, and i KNOW she won't let me get a 55 gallon X.x she's having problems just with the fact i'm getting a 20 gal.

you could try like getting her a fish tank for her birthday? and get her like.. betta or something? guppies?

but yeah congrats on your 20 gallon!

have you decided on high or long?

It's gonna be a long, that's the only one they got unless I want a spazzy new OAK one with a hood which is like 50 bucks. My mom doesn't want fish lol.

is your tank at least coming with a hood? and i guess you are going to have to buy the air pump/heater/filter separate. Its a shame she won't let you get the kit because it would save some $$$ is she buying it for you or is it cash you saved? If its yours then you should be able to get what you want.. LOL.. JMO.

-.-;; no no hood...I'll have to buy that later I don't have enough money for it all right now but I figure that if I at least get the essentials for now they can be at least spaced out and a bit happier. I'll have to get the hood next week X.x for 40 bucks.

ack.. the hoods are expensive, thats why buying the kit is such a deal.

i got mine from petsmart for 20$. (same size as 29 gallon) if you havent bought the tank yet and arent thinking of getting like more than 20 watts or something like that, i highly suggest trying for a 29 gallon? the 29 gallon is 65$ (around 70 with taxes and stuff) and it comes with the hood. it also has the same footprint as the 20 gallon.

and if your mom doesnt trust the internet, those chain stores, i think you can have it ship to the closest store and i dont think you have to pay shipping, but im not sure

krap.. you keep suggesting she get a 29 gallon or a 55 gallon, wich of course is probably more economical.. but she keeps stating that her mom won't let her get bigger than a 20.. so she has to get a 20 gallon, and the way i percieve it shes really had to worn on her mom to get that one :wink: right.. so i really think you should stop suggesting she get a bigger tank, even though she might want one.. LOL

i mean.. you'll have to buy the hood anyway... and i think that was stated at 50$ (i think) and then the 20 is 30$ (at least the one i bought like last week frmo petsmart) im just saying you can get a bigger tank for around the same amount of money. it shouldnt take much more room in a footprint. thats all im saying.

Back
Top Bottom