Aggravated, please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used the tetra cycling product and i think actually worked very well In my 55 gallon but so far i also only have 6 peacock cichlids and a pictus in there. But i never had an ammonia or nitrite spike and i do have nitrates.

Best thing to do is research then there is nobody to blame but yourself. I was just offering my experience as every little bit of info you can research helps. Good luck.

The Dr. Tim's product has the right bacteria. He actually discovered the specific bacteria responsible for nitrification in aquariums and did his doctoral thesis on it. I was really disappointed by the results from other products I tried. One day I happened on a reference to Dr. Tim and dug a little deeper and realized he was the same guy I had read about way back who had done a bunch of really interesting research on nitrifying bacteria. So I tried it and was pretty geeked to find my tank fully cycled in less than two weeks.

We invest so much in our tanks and it's so frustrating when things go wrong. We get really attached to our fish and want them to be healthy and happy, so when you find something that helps to make that possible you want to share it with people. Sorry this is so long and I really hope it was of help to you!

Best thing to do is research then there is nobody to blame but yourself. I was just offering my experience as every little bit of info you can research helps. Good luck.

And believe me I appreciate your advice and all the other very caring fish keepers here. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've glanced at other online fish forums and the people here at Aquarium Advice are much nicer and actually seem more driven to provide HELPFUL advice instead of fighting with each other or just being generally offensive.

Just an update, did my tests and my nitrite was way down to .25, and my ammonia was down to .75 so finally some changes! :)

Also have some babies that I spotted when I was starting my water change. I don't have a breeding tank to toss them in at the moment so they will have to fend for themselves amoungst the fake plants for a while and I'll just have to stress about it all night. They seem to be sticking close to Ridley (one of my snails) and the danios have either had their fill of babies before I noticed any or they are genuinely not interested in them at the moment (wishful thinking I know).

I totaly agree pets are part of the family I rescued a 12 week old timberwolf and she is five now lots of long ours of research and love and my fish are no different except when I take them for a walk (they don't like the leash). So I would like to thank everone on this wonderful site for all they do to help not uust me but everyone who needs it.you are all the best.

The Dr. Tim's product has the right bacteria. He actually discovered the specific bacteria responsible for nitrification in aquariums and did his doctoral thesis on it. I was really disappointed by the results from other products I tried. One day I happened on a reference to Dr. Tim and dug a little deeper and realized he was the same guy I had read about way back who had done a bunch of really interesting research on nitrifying bacteria. So I tried it and was pretty geeked to find my tank fully cycled in less than two weeks.

We invest so much in our tanks and it's so frustrating when things go wrong. We get really attached to our fish and want them to be healthy and happy, so when you find something that helps to make that possible you want to share it with people. Sorry this is so long and I really hope it was of help to you!

Boy isn't that the truth, I always stress to make sure everything is perfect for my fish, but the stress is waaaaaay worth it for the little sweeties. BTW, is that one of your fish in your avatar pic?

I totaly agree pets are part of the family I rescued a 12 week old timberwolf and she is five now lots of long ours of research and love and my fish are no different except when I take them for a walk (they don't like the leash). So I would like to thank everone on this wonderful site for all they do to help not uust me but everyone who needs it.you are all the best.

WOW a timberwolf! My friend Ken would be soooo envious of you, he loves his dogs more then life itself and has always wanted to have a wolf friend. :) You sound like a great person to me :)

Thomas, is that your aquarium in your avatar pic? And if so can I please see a bigger picture of it?

Boy isn't that the truth, I always stress to make sure everything is perfect for my fish, but the stress is waaaaaay worth it for the little sweeties. BTW, is that one of your fish in your avatar pic?

I wish it was! A Tosakin is on my wish list, though. But I did just get a glorious black Oranda for my birthday. Waited twelve long years to get one as nice as him! And yeah, all the hard work is worth it when you see your fish sailing through the water like happy little kids running around the backyard! Just makes you smile!

I wish it was! A Tosakin is on my wish list, though. But I did just get a glorious black Oranda for my birthday. Waited twelve long years to get one as nice as him! And yeah, all the hard work is worth it when you see your fish sailing through the water like happy little kids running around the backyard! Just makes you smile!

Awww, wow I couldn't have said that better myself ;) I love my fishies and my snails so much.

So you reminded me of the first fish I ever paid for myself, with my own money, from my very first job. We've always had fish (I'm 40 now) but when I was around 14 I think? I got a job as a dish washer in this big restaurant and from my very first check I was SOOO excited to pay to bring home my fish friend "Wally", I don't know what is "actual" classification was but I called him a red cap, pearl-scaled, fan-tail, goldfish X) He was a cute pudgy red and white gold fish that "waddled" through the water, he cost me over $40 USD and I loved him so much! I still tear up thinking about losing him years after I got him :( But I've had several wonderful fishies in my care since then :)

Awww, wow I couldn't have said that better myself ;) I love my fishies and my snails so much.

So you reminded me of the first fish I ever paid for myself, with my own money, from my very first job. We've always had fish (I'm 40 now) but when I was around 14 I think? I got a job as a dish washer in this big restaurant and from my very first check I was SOOO excited to pay to bring home my fish friend "Wally", I don't know what is "actual" classification was but I called him a red cap, pearl-scaled, fan-tail, goldfish X) He was a cute pudgy red and white gold fish that "waddled" through the water, he cost me over $40 USD and I loved him so much! I still tear up thinking about losing him years after I got him :( But I've had several wonderful fishies in my care since then :)

He sounds adorable! And forty bucks! That was pretty steep for a fourteen year old! Clearly you're a hard worker. I retired my aquarium twelve years ago and finally last summer I got back into keeping goldfish. My son got a job at PetSmart and I was able to buy the really big tank I'd always wanted. Can't tell you how much I missed it!

Back
Top Bottom