Aggressive female black Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skibum3

Aquarium Advice Activist
My female black Molly is only aggressive toy silver hatchet fish! This has only been in the last week or so, and I am not sure why she is suddenly aggressive only towards them. The tank is by no means over crowded and I'm in half a mind to get rid of her. There are no other mollies in the tank. Any ideas on Why is she acting like this ?

The hatchet fish are probably eating more of the food than the molly wants them too. LOL Not kidding though. Mollies are food hogs. Mine often chase the other fish and each other away at feeding time. I have started to put food in more than one place and that helps. Maybe add some larger type of food, as well as, small food for the smaller fish. When my mollies are being extra aggressive, I add a few larger pellets of food. They cannot eat it right away so it keeps them distracted while the smaller fish eat. Sometimes one molly will appoint herself queen of the tank, usually the largest one, and bully the other fish. If you want to keep her, try the tricks I suggest, or just return her. Most stores will take fish back.

Back
Top Bottom