Aggressive Molly towards Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2drumsup

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a dwarf gourami to add to my tank containing other fish such as neon tetras white skirt tetra and a Platy as soon as I put my new dwarf gourami into the tank one of my Molly fish started picking on the gourami the gourami will no longer leave the corner and spends his time hiding I isolated the Molly in a breeding net inside the tank and the gourami is starting to swim around again but I'm afraid as soon as I put the Molly back into the tank that the gourami will go back to hiding and get bullied again . What should I do????

I have a convict cichlid which is about 2.5in. She would constantly berate my Jack Dempsey (same size, and I got them the same day) so I put her in a breeder net, like you did, for two days. When she came out she was a whole new fish. Totally mellow compared to what she had been. I don't know if being removed reset her territory or what but it worked. She still flares her fins and follows the others but doesn't offensively attack like before. I would try letting it out but watch it close for at least an hour and see what happens.

Yah unfortunately the gourami died shortly after :/ but the aggressiveness wasn't bad once they became accustomed to each other not sure why he died though as all my water levels were good

Back
Top Bottom