Aggressive Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mannymouse

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 6 assorted mollies in my 45 gal tank (and will be adding more fish like guppies, platys, and tetras) and the one Dalmatian has been chasing around the others and acting fairly aggressive. He's bigger than the other mollies and won't leave them alone.

Should I isolate him in a different tank. (I have a 2 gal one ready. Or should I put him into my other 4 gal with my betta?

Thanks for the help!

The Betta would see him as a female Betta. Probably not good. If he's chasing the other females in the tank though (now I'm talking about the mollies again) then he's trying to get them pregnant whether they already are or not. Separate them, if you put him in the tank with the Betta just keep a close eye on them.

Ok I'll give that a try :) now if only I could catch him.. Haha thanks!

Your beta will probably kill him! He is mating. Well wanting too. I would do a breeder box too...

What did you do an how is it working?

I consider many Mollies to be Semi Aggressive. Some get pretty big, they are very pushy around food.

If you put him in a 2g you'll need daily WCs. They are poop machines. Try adding real or fake plants to your main tank to give some hiding places.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done anything yet but I'm thinking of putting him in the breeder box for a bit as soon as I can. The tank has plenty of fake plants and places to hide but it doesn't seem to make a difference. He seemed to calm down a bit after we added some new fish to the tank but he seems to be going back to his old ways :/

Back
Top Bottom