Aiptasia in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
i saw this reddish brown anemonelike critters in my tank 3 days ago and i don't know what to do with it, i learned it's bad news for my corals... :( :( :( how do i get rid of it... heard it's pretty tough to eliminate... any suggestions from you guys? :( :(

If it is small the peppermint shrimp will take care of it. I have two in my tank and they work wonders on keeping the aptasia population at a minimum. Also, Joe's Juice works great. I had to get some because I had aptasia before I wanted to get the shrimp.
Both methods work great but the shrimp do it on their own and there is less involvement for you.

Good Luck :D

I got pepermint shrimps and a six line wrasse in my tank. I don't know who did it but two days later all my aptasia was history.

Does anyone have some tricks with Joe's Juice and the Aiptasia that are actually attached to the rocks on the side and underneath the rock? I have attempted to get theses guys twice with Joe's Juice and the keep on coming back. I would hate to disrupt my Aquascape to get to them. I have 4 Peppermint shrimp (the actual ones), but they only seems to like the little tiny ones...and will not touch the ones bigger than 1/2 inch.

Any ideas?

WC

i got some aiptasia fluid from the store and got a needle and inject every single one in my tank i thought i was going to take forever but it works... whatever you do do not squash them or use a magnet and swipe em away they break into lil particles and spread more. i learned that the hard way. its some kind of green aiptasia fluid u can find it anywhere at any local fish store. and get a needle injector and get ready to see some aiptasia go BYE BYE :mrgreen:

Yea Buy like 6 peppermint shrimp! I think i wanna buy 4 more so i can have a total of 6 of em!

You can never have enough shrimp!

WhiteCloud said:
Does anyone have some tricks with Joe's Juice and the Aiptasia that are actually attached to the rocks on the side and underneath the rock? I have attempted to get theses guys twice with Joe's Juice and the keep on coming back. I would hate to disrupt my Aquascape to get to them. I have 4 Peppermint shrimp (the actual ones), but they only seems to like the little tiny ones...and will not touch the ones bigger than 1/2 inch.

Any ideas?

WC
This might sound odd but ask your Dentist. He/she might be able to give you a special syringe that has a curved tip. You might be able to find them at a medical supply store if there's one near you.

Cheers
Steve

Becareful about putting Peppermint shrimps in your tank with other established shrimps. I've got a Blood shrimp in my tank and i think it kept killing any new peppermints i added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom