Aiptasia???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjb51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm fairly new to marine aquariums and this is my first post! My tank has been set up now for about three months, I've found at least one aiptasia on the glass and got rid of it, but I have hopefully attached a photo of what I was hoping was another type of anemone but I now fear it's an aiptasia? Looking in to it I think I'm better off getting some peppermint shrimps in rather than try to pull them out physically?? I would prefer not to use chemicals if I can help it, any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Mark

Attachments

• image-2678989978.jpg
    image-2678989978.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 68
Yes this is aptasia.....if i were you since u dont want to use chemicals.....i would buy some peppermint shrimp and make sure they are eating aptasia. You can also look into an aptasia eating filefish if ur not too worried about him nipping at coral. I use aptasia X which is a chemical but it works very effectively, i aslo have 2 peppermints....i use the peppermints for the small aptasia but when i c a big one sprout up i nuke it with the aptasia x. You may also look into a electrical rod that kills them from marine depot, tho its costs about 100$

Thankyou will definately get some peppermint shrimp, hopefully they may find ones I can't aswell

Back
Top Bottom