Air Bars Not Bubbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caligulasAquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just replaced my volcano and decayed bubble wand with two bubble bars from a different brand, and now, they aren't bubbling. I soaked each for just over an hour. I connected the longer one first, and put it in, it was bubbling a bit, then I connected the other one, that one didn't bubble very much when I put it in. I switched the tubes' ports and the longer one bubbled a little bit, and the short one began to bubble more, and tiny bubbles. The tank is 55g with a 60g air pump, 2 ports. I can't control how much air is going through which, cause there's nothing to do that. One is significantly stronger though. I'd take a video, but then I can't get on my Youtube :|
I'd hate to get new ones, since they're brand new, and my dad doesn't wanna go shopping again so soon, just for new stones.
Pump - Tetra 60g w/2 ports
Tank - 55g
Stones - Petco brand, 12" and 4"
Please reply asap, as I'm trying to get it fixed before I go to my friend's

An hour later, it's still not bubbling. I know it's not the pump, because the old volcano bubbled nicely for a few months. I hear moving the pump above the tank helps, but I have nowhere besides the desk it's on, there isn't a shelf above it.
;A; I also did poke some holes in it but that has no effect until the stone is near the surface

Last edited:
My guess is the resistance in these new stones is such that your air pump is not powerful enough to push air through them at depth in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom