Air stone question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Potluck

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I realized today doing my 50% change my plants were rooting around my tubing for my air stone that used to run down the corner and along the back under the gravel, so I relocated the tube to the middle which I think looks absolutely horrible but I am very picky with my tank, also I moved the air stone and didn't realize its directly under the aqueon pro heater, I would like people's opinion on if the tube looks that bad or am I exaggerating, also will this being under my heater affect it /damage it..

Don't mind the cloudiness it's from moving my Holey rock around to vac under it, will be clear in a few hours
7c620ea6bdec8ff7681ca29304cc4c66.jpg

I don't think you will damage the heater as aqueon pros are among the best heaters IMO.
A cheaper heater might have issues but I can't say?
As for the tube how about running it down behind the heater so to be less noticeable?

I thought maybe it would melt it I moved the heater over towards my inlet on my filter, I'll have to try that I do know it was hot to the touch when i moved it

I have 14.5 turnover rate on filtration but I like having the air stone in there in case the tank gets really hot in the summer I can oxygenate the water more while I cool it down with fans.

I use my aqueon pro heaters on their side on the bottom of my fry/juvi tanks and run my air line[ silicone /deep blue brand] to the airstone[disposable] under it to keep it near bottom.
I have never had problem with heater and airline touching...

All heaters get real hot to touch or when not in water.
The aqueon pro is extruded aluminum encapsulated in black plastic.
They have a shut off if the run dry [that's when they are real hot!]...
Ask me how I know that!:facepalm:
here are my 5gs with ram fry.

My photobucket is open to public(y)

It didn't burn me when I touched it in the tank to move it but it was definitely warm, I need new air hose this stuff is super stiff and impossible to run lol, I'll get some today and run it next to the heater ty

Yeah Mines 250, I run my tank at 77-78 degrees so I don't think I'll have an issue

The things I like to do is glue my air tube in the corner of the tank (with aquarium safe silicon) so that it just becomes a part of the tank seam. The tubing will seem to completely disappear if you glue it to the corner closest to the side from which you normally view the tank. Depending upon how the tank is setup, in some cases I've drilled a hole in the corner plastic of the tank top to slide the tubing thru to start it in the corner. I've also had the tubing enter the tank hidden along side of a HOB filter, and then glued it to the underside of the top of the tank until I could route it to a corner.

For the heater, I like to mount it side ways such that the tank lid hides it when you're looking at the tank front on (assuming the tank is at a table-top level), otherwise I try to place it in the corner as much as possible. Having air stone bubbles rise over/in front of the heater will also hide it. The brief period the air bubbles come in contact with the heater shouldn't cause a problem as it's still overall submerged under water.

Back
Top Bottom