Albino Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grottosandfins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just at my LFS. I asked if an albino krib and a kribensis pulchra would mate. They said yes, but something about the way they answered made me wonder. Will they and if so, what will these mutts look like and is it unhealthy for the fry?

first of all, yes they will mate. They have the same genetic code and are the same species. As for what fry will come out of it, i am not too sure. Will the fry be unhealthy, i am not sure about that either. I would think that they would be as healthy as any other fry. You aren't toying with mixing species, you are simply mating an albino and a regular coloration of the species.

I'll second that.......I've seen it........A friend had this one beautiful male krib.....I mean really nice.....it put most other females to shame.
Anyway it paired up with the ugliest albino female ya ever seen........and they had a good sized batch of fry.
I never did get to see how they turned out...........the all got eaten before they were more than a few days old.

Back
Top Bottom