Albino Pleco Changing Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBradbury

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello AA...

Have a 4 to 5 inch albino pleco I accepted as a "rehome" deal about 6 months ago. I'm not an authority on this fish and as near as I can tell, he or she is active and healthy. I change out half the tank water weekly in this 60 gallon tank the fish is in and noticed a color change. When I finished the water change this morning, instead of the regular pick color, the front half is nearly white. I did change the algae wafers I feed a couple of weeks ago. Not sure the reason for the change. The fish seems fine, otherwise.

Any ideas?

B

Bn Plecos will change color quite drastically when stressed or on guard. I wouldn't worry..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pleco Changing

Bn Plecos will change color quite drastically when stressed or on guard. I wouldn't worry..

Hello Brook...

Thanks for your post. Guess I could have somehow scared it during the water change.

B

Hello Brook...

Thanks for your post. Guess I could have somehow scared it during the water change.

B

More likely just an acclimatising stress factor. If it's a rehome, the chance are the previous water chemistry was quite different to that of yours.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As I well remember, my bn would change colors after lights on and wc's every time.. during feedings it would get jet black and terrorize everyone at substrate level. I ultimately rehomed the little pooper.

My albino BN's never change colors...I would how ever love to see some of these chameleon bn that people speek of changing colors all the time? I have never seen my albino bn change color???I would keep an eye on him...my albino bn's always are pale yellow in color with pink underneath and dark bellys..It would def. appear strange if their belly appeared all white...could be just stress but you have had it for 6months you said so I dont know why a wc would all of a sudden stress the bn out....good luck..here is a pic of one my baby ones...hope this helps!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1419720734636.jpg
    1419720734636.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom