Aldrovanda vesiculosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey, I was just browsing around plantgeek and came across the plant Aldrovanda vesiculosa.
I used to keep venus fly traps when i was younger and i thought this was pretty cool. Any one heard of it before? I think it would be cool to keep, but probably not with fish anyway. Well I just thought i would share.
here's a link to a page about them:
http://bestcarnivorousplants.com/aldrovanda/index.htm

That is very cool :) I've never heard of it before but I'll bet Piscesgirl, a member here on Aquarium Advice, might know more about it. I know she has kept carnviorous plants in her tanks before.

I actually did have some of this for awhile, but I kept it in a tank without fish at the time, and it didn't do well. I'm guessing it needed more nitrAtes...but I did sprinkle a bit of fish food, crushed to try to "feed it." Fish will be fine with it -- I would just be careful for the smallest of fry or shrimp. I had named mine Audrey II while it lasted :(

I had named mine Audrey II while is lasted
haha maybe you didn't feed it enough human.

The sites said it east insect larva, maybe you could feed it small blood worms or something?
I don't think I will get one. I just think its cool, I had never heard of carnivorus freshwater plants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom