Alec's 75g cycling thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No big deal! Let us know how your numbers look when you check them though I suspect it may be time for a water change. :)

The wc brought your ph back up some & dropped your nitrites- good job! Yes, try dropping dose down 2ppm for a few days & let's see if your nitrite>nitrate bacteria can get up to speed. :)

I'm hoping that cycling will finish up soon..I'm leave on the 19th thru the 23rd of july. I don't know what to do :(

Your numbers look good! Dont worry about leaving for a couple of days- if its not cycled when you leave, just dose the amm & it will be fine until you return. :)

Yes! It will be fine! I have experimented with my qt quite a bit (which I keep cycled with amm)- I have left it for 5-6 days with nothing & have never had an issue keeping it cycled. I have also helped others that left a tank for a month (or longer) and they were able to get their tanks back on track within a week or two (which even surprised me!). As long as your ph is fine before you leave (if not, wc before dosing), I wouldnt be worried. :)

Back
Top Bottom