Algae and copepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nafuzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's the best (if there is one) for copepods and similar micros to grow in???? Cheato??

I'm doing a 10" refuge on my sump and a seperate 20gal refugium so I'll put more cope-encouraging algae in it.

Also, is it a bad idea to have a pump to return water from sump to display tank, and a small one in the refugium directly to the display??? If so is there a "safer" pump or device that won't chop up all my pods????

My Lfs told me to get Cheato because I want a mandarin. So I'm sure it is somewhat successful. I'm going to put it in my tank, the only problem is to keep it from taking over. A little algae nest for them to hide in seems logical to me!

Thank you Jenna. :). Down the line I want 1 green and 1 spotted mandarins so I plan on a copepod overload ;) hence the second stand alone refugium, not to mention the benefits to my planned, 100% DIY masterpiece!!! Cannot wait! Thank you again for your insight/help!

Well yea obviously I'll have a **** ton of lr everywhere all chambers

Back
Top Bottom