Algae bloom!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

W1nt3rsh0wl

Aquarium Advice Regular
HELP! I have an insane algae bloom for some unknown reason and my plants are all dying. I just bought a marineland advanced led light (18-25") for my ten gallon and was adding flourish root tabs and dosing api c02 booster. I need a way to remove the algae from my aquarium because when i clean the tank it all grows back. Ive been doing regular water changes every week, taking out about 3-5 gallons every Saturday. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Keep lights on 4-6h or less until bloom clears up. Feed less food. Don't dose liquid ferts too much starve the algae. Good luck! I think I have an algae bloom myself.

You're sure you're cycled and it's not a bacterial bloom?

Thanks man. Will this starve the live plants? If it does, what do i do with them?

If they're dying already they might have to just go. If the bottom of the stem is gushy and rotten I'd just throw it out. Dying plants are harder to bring back. If you can afford it get a ton of new stem plants. They're hardier and will outcompete the algae for nutrients

What are some good stem plants that will outcompete the algae?

Back
Top Bottom