Algae Eaters For A 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had an algae bloom and thought tho would be useful. I would like suggestions for any thing that eats algae that can live in a 10gal
Thanks

Thanks. Do you know any loaches. Im considering snails. Any nice ones? Do snails have to have different food? Wired question: how do you know when there dead?!! Can you put Ottos in?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again for the quick reply!!

Thanks. Do you know any loaches. Im considering snails. Any nice ones? Do snails have to have different food? Wired question: how do you know when there dead?!! Can you put Ottos in?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks again for the quick reply!!

Lol. You're fine. The more you ask, the more you learn.

I have never had loaches or ottos, so I would have to look those up and see what their requirements are. As for snails, there are all kinds. I have nerites and an inca and a new hitchhiker baby snail. There are countless types of snails in all different shapes, sizes, and colors. Mine just eat whatever algae grows in my tank and I occasionally give them an algae wafer or two. If the snail just sits there for a day, pull it out and check it. If it smells bad, it's dead.

I'll look the suggestions up on GI, if a snail was dead would it release ammonia into the water like fish do when dead? How many snails could you keep?

Really sorry but I'm not keen on the amano shrimp. I love the curling on the Incas and the patterning on the hitchhikers though

There are but none would work in a ten gallon. If you are not a fan of the amano shrimp then get a nerite snail.

Ok thanks for the advice every one!! Might stop at pets at home tomorrow. If I get chance I'll tell you what I got, if I get anything!!

Ok I'm really sorry I have one last question. I heard about Bormeo sucker
And pit bull plecos or something???

Plecos get big. It's 2.5 gallons per snail. In a 10, you're fine with an inca snail and a couple nerites. I have 2 nerites and an inca in my 10. You'll be fine with more than one snail.

The Borneo sucker (also called a hillstream loach) does not eat algae at all. I almost made that mistake also

AAGAIN thanks so much for all the advice!!! Tommorow as said I will probably visit the LFS and see what they think. I will try and remember to post what happened

Back
Top Bottom