algae killer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lp26kwan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
holycow! after i search around and found out that Bushy Nose Pleco, also known as the Bristlenose Pleco is the killer! and i've been looking for it a while, since most of my LFS sold out....... but guess what, i finally got 1 yesterday, 4" long and it costs around $7. and man oh man, well worth the money. 90% of my 30g tank's algae gone within 12 hours. amazing! recommand to anyone has big algae problem like me

would it be a pleco salad bar or do they stick to glass, driftwood, rocks?
It depends on the pleco. The only pleco I had that ate some plants was a clown pleco. My bristle nose and rubber lip are fine with plants.

I have a clown pleco in my planted tank and he doesn't touch any of my plants. I just throw in two algae tablets each night for him and my farlowella and he's fine. I guess it just depends on the fish. During the day he just hides in his cave.

It could depend on the plant. My little bugger left most things alone, but I had something called an onion plant and he liked to eat that.

Back
Top Bottom