Algae Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamie1234

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is a few months old now everything going well with 8 rummynose tetras, 2 German Blue rams and 5 julii cory. I do a 25% water change once a week.

I'm getting a build up of algae on my rocks and along the glass. It's hard to take the rocks out too because of the placement so I'm going to introduce an algae eater.

My question is what algae eater would be the best in terms of getting rid of visible algae, yet not producing too much waste...

Difference between bristlenose and bulldog pleco? Can a zebra help with algae at all or will they not eat algae?

Otos? Snails? Amino shrimp?

Anything else that's a good algae eater but doesn't get too large? Thanks

I'd go with ottos personally, they're tiny but neat. I have a bn but he poops far more than he's worth for his so called cleaning lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd go with ottos personally, they're tiny but neat. I have a bn but he poops far more than he's worth for his so called cleaning lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile

That's my concern with the bn haha

If it's brown and easily brushes off it's diatoms. This is common in new tanks and will go away on it's own eventually.

Back
Top Bottom