Algae question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank has been running for about a year. I'm using a 4 bulb odyssea fixture with geisseman bulbs. I only run 2 at a time though on a 3 hours on, 3 off, 3 on photoperiod. Here's a few more pictures. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389379306.908476.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389379314.940624.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389379322.097180.jpg

Green Beard Algae maybe?

Some articles on different websites suggest it occurs when there is to much iron in the tank.

I have also read that it could be caused by high organic levels.

Do any of those conclusions apply to your situation? I'm curios because I have had that type of algae all over my tank in the past.

Green Beard Algae maybe?

Some articles on different websites suggest it occurs when there is to much iron in the tank.

I have also read that it could be caused by high organic levels.

Do any of those conclusions apply to your situation? I'm curios because I have had that type of algae all over my tank in the past.

I guess it could be because of high organic levels. I EI dose my fertilizers and I have been slacking on the water changes. From once a week to a couple of times a month

Back
Top Bottom