Algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
is your tank in a window? because that can cause algae to thrive

i would just take the time and hand clean it. i have my 29 near a window, but only to supply food to a bn pleco. how long does the light stay on for?

Even though pond snails can be a problem they will eat alot of algae. Added to that my Amano shrimp and Panda corys also act as a great clean up crew.

try feeding a little less and moving it away from the window, and like aquabeast said, try cleaning everything and doing a water change

Ok I don't Feed them probably enough actually and they eat all of it.. But my sister has 9+ snails because they had babies. Should I put one into mine? Or two? And then give them back when it's better,

certain snails stay small before they die by getting stuck to a filter tube, they reproduce so muc you have to keep up with them, i wouldnt do it, just clean the tank, move it away from the window and feed maybe 2 times a week. thats how my neons thrive.

Reactions: New
ghost shrimp would be great for your tank as a clean up crew. they dont contribute to stock, or bioload so you can do as many as you please, i would do, like 10( im assuming its a 10 gallon) im not so sure they eat algae, but they still help.

Back
Top Bottom