Algea help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my tank is planted and I have yoyo loaches and horse face loaches and two bamboo shrimp but nothing really to help combat algea. Really not keen on getting a plec as they are just poop machines or snails as I have the yoyo loaches as I had a major snail infestation. So kinda stuck

PHP:
So my tank is planted and I have yoyo loaches and horse face loaches and two bamboo shrimp but nothing really to help combat algea. Really not keen on getting a plec as they are just poop machines or snails as I have the yoyo loaches as I had a major snail infestation. So kinda stuck

You have an imbalance somewhere in the tank. Could be to much light or to much nutrients. Also knowing what algae you are talking about helps. Posting pictures also helps. Is your tank heavily planted? If not try adding more plants to soak up nutrients. What lights are you using? How long are they on for?

It's just your usual algea build up and it can be sometimes floaty like my java moss, and I also have anubias nana, so I have been trimming them all back. I don't use ferts or CO2, so I need some new fish or shrimp to help combat my algea. But getting new plants too

Most likely too much light and/or they are on too long.
What kind of light are you using and how long are they on?

Using a strip light led full spectrum and it's on full light for 8 hours then blue then rest of the time

Back
Top Bottom