Algea on driftwood???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this white stuff growing on my driftwood? I flipped the wood over and noticed it was growing on the bottom.

Attachments

• image-3561735121.jpg
    image-3561735121.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2411985566.jpg
    image-2411985566.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 66
It happens a lot. It's harmless. You can take it out and scrub it. It's happened to me a few times. It's some kind of fungus I believe.

Read a bit about this. I heard it was a bacterial bloom, a sort of driftwood cycle.

Will my pleco eat it? And if so is that ok? Should I take it out or let it take its course?

Will my pleco eat it? And if so is that ok? Should I take it out or let it take its course?

My pleco didn't do anything. Only thing that took care of it was me taking it out and scrubbing it. I even boiled it in a lobster pot.

Oh : / well i'll prolly have to end up doing that. Mines not big so it should be easy to boil. Does boiling it make it float or it will still sink? how long do ya have to boil it?

This stuff won't spread through my tank right? only stays on driftwood?

I am going through the same thing right now. I did a thread on it someone told me to just leave it n it will go away on its own

Back
Top Bottom