Algea problem- please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ackropj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys. In really looking for some help here, I have had algea in my tank for sometime now. I have made various changes but it just stays the same. I have a 125 litre tank with a 26 watt arcadia stretch LED and also 2x 18 watt t8 bulbs with reflectors, both for plants apparently. I'm running lights from 5pm until midnight on timer, I have compressed co2 delivering 2 bps. I add ferts every other day. I have a 1000 litre per hour external filter with built In 9watt uv light. The tank is heavily stocked. 0 ammonia in the tank.

Below are some pictures and any help would be really appreciated as I'm getting to the end of my tether.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392403851.426637.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392404175.425620.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392404278.900814.jpg

All advice is welcome. Many thanks

I have 2 suggestions. Use Excel daily even though you use co2. It is an algaecide as well as being a liquid carbon source. Don't over dose just be patient. Second, think about some red cherry shrimp or other algae eating shrimp. Mine do a fab job at keeping the algae on plants under control. My colony of RCS is kept in check by the fish but I still have baby shrimp that make it past 'mouthful' size, a good clump of Java Moss is a great hiding place for them.
I'm sure others will also advise you. Good luck. S.

Thanks, I did have hundreds of shrimp only a week ago, I then added plants from pets at home and within a hour all dead, I complained but still awaiting a response and treating with sea hem cuprisorb, the algea has definitely got worse since shrimp died. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392416383.129406.jpg

Back
Top Bottom