Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does any one have a green coraline algea? I use my mag float and it gets all algea off except the green thicker stuff. Can i use a razor blade to scrape it off or will this make it spread more?

I would use a razorblade only if the tank is glass as if it is acrylic that will scratch the bejesus out of it :eek: ...Also it may stir it up a bit but it is problem that you are just gonna have to keep up with or mabye buy some snails that will eat that algea.. however I don't know how the whole snail and what algea it eats thing works I just put in a few different kinds and seem to be doing ok.. I would suggest turbo snails...

hope this helps a bit

Doan

If it is coralline algae, the only way to get it off that I know of is a razor blade. Most people just give up and let it grow everywhere except the front glass.

I find the Kent metal blade scraper to be much easier to handle than putting your hands deep into a tank. It also prevents the possibility for contamination from your hands.

Back
Top Bottom