All my fish died :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
got home from work and the temp was still down... wont go back up... heater stopped working... so now im gonna have to go out tonight and get a heater... i knew i shouldnt have trusted that crappy heater that came with my tank... any suggestions on a good in tank heater?

I have had great success with Finnex titanium heaters. I had the water drain out of my tank twice (long story) and they were out of water and still work.

i think i forgot to turn mine off when i did a pwc and it was out of the water... i think thats what fried it

Ive always thought it was so stupid that heaters break if you leave em on out of the water. I guess there is no way around it? I know it happnes b/c they overheat but why isn't there a safety shutoff on em or something? Price i guess, I suppose thats what one gets when they use a crappy heater.

Some do have safety shutoffs I think, becasue I remember reading that my ceramic one does. I think it's a visitherm or marineland.

i got a nice heater today... (cant remember the full name but it has the word stealth in it...) it doesnt have an indicator light but i felt it with my hand and it seems to be working... it also has a dial that i can put on the exact degree temp i want, its shatterproof, completely submersible, and has an auto shut off so when it leaves the water it shuts off til the water touches it again... so i have it pretty low in the tank since its completely subemersible and i think it should work nicely... its alread raising the temp after 20 mins... im just glad i didnt lose anybody due to the temp variances... lesson learned i guess...

spoke too soon... one of my bamboo shrimp died... but he's been looking bad for awhile... way before the temp thing... i dont think he was getting enough food... i put sinking pellets in everyday but the fish eat them all the time... i wasnt sure if he was getting enough... now i know for sure...

Back
Top Bottom