All tangs that can live in a 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are a lot of fish that will wipe out your shrimp and worm populations. Wrasse are experts at it.

Yeah I had a dottyback and beta that tag teamed all my shrimp and finally them him before I could catch them but both are back in the store and now that I'm shrimp free its time for the blue jaw trigger and snowflake eel I've been waiting for.

Yeah I had a dottyback and beta that tag teamed all my shrimp and finally them him before I could catch them but both are back in the store and now that I'm shrimp free its time for the blue jaw trigger and snowflake eel I've been waiting for.

I love both those fish, just do your research, the Moray is a formidable escape artist.

I love both those fish, just do your research, the Moray is a formidable escape artist.

Oh yes the canopy is completely escape proof......hopefully. Front doors are locked shut to keep hands away and the back is open for ventilation but has thick screen mesh covering it. Now I just have to find a way to keep him out of the overflows.

Mine decided to eat a little too much and wiped out my 4 cleaner shrimp, 6 peppermint and a full grown coral banded within a few days of being out in my tank so unfortunately it was a short lived time in my care for the beta.

Hmm, yep seems like lots of the larger fish will wipe out the shrimp, might just keep my 25 up and running for them haha. I'll make sure to ask at the store if they have one that eats frozen an such. Mabye I'll get lucky there

And snowflakes are beautiful, too bs they eat a lot of smaller fish, but that's nature I guess haha

Does anybody know anything on the white tailed bristled tooth tang? They look pretty cool but I can't find any info

Right now I have a 55 gallon tank that I got two Tangs in. A yellow eye and a yellow tang.

I saved the both from a smaller tank and the Yellow was beat up from other fish. I would say their life is 100% times better. I am upgrading to a 75 gallon soon (I was going to go 150, but life happens). So with a 75 gallon they will have more space! I am still going to upgrade to a 150 gallon, I just got to wait a little longer.

So what I am trying to say, I think you will be fine with two Tangs in a 75 gallon. As long as you put them in together at the same time! I wouldn't do a Yellow Tang in a 75, I am only doing it because both tangs were in real bad shape and I felt really bad for them. So I bought them and thankfully they are thriving!

If I were you, I would at least get the Yellow Eye Very cool looking Tang!

Also here is a list of Tangs that Live Aquaria says is good.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...15+43&r=3126&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24

Hmm, mabye. I'm planning to do a ton more research into the subject before deciding anything haha. The yellow eye and the white tail are the top 2 on my list right now. Might have to get my LFS to special order the white tail though.

I'm glad you rescued the tangs, I'm lucky that I have a pretty goo live fish store an such

It was not the fish store fault really. They had the Yellow Tang in a Bigger tank at first, but the tank mates were beating the heck out of it. So the staff had to put it into the smaller tank. The poor guy was in the that tank for about a month and half before I decided to go for it. I really didn't want to buy him because of his fins being all nipped off, but I didn't know fins could grow back until I asked about on this site. Almost as soon as I put him in my tank he looked more alive and after a few weeks all his fins were back and he is a great looking fish. The yellow eye was just in a smaller tank because the bigger tank was full and someone wanted it but did not pick it up. I was not planning on buying two tangs, but I did. :p

I have never seen a White Tail and Liveaquaria never gets them in. I've got a connection now that goes to the big distributers, so I'm going to see what he can do.

Well I'm glad it was rescued still. Yeah, they seem pretty hard to find, mabye my LFS can track it down or something

Two dwarfs in anything smaller than a 240g would probably fight. Even in large tanks, they could go at each other, but that at least gives them a larger territory with a better chance of not bumping into one another.

Two dwarfs in anything smaller than a 240g would probably fight. Even in large tanks, they could go at each other, but that at least gives them a larger territory with a better chance of not bumping into one another.

Ah that's what I thought, I just wanted to be sure. My bro wants a flame an I want a coral beauty, haha will flip a coin. Would different types of wrasses fight each other?

I thought the Tang Police would be knocking on my door as soon as I said Yellow Tang in a 55. :p

I know it's not the idea situation, but it was better than what he was in.

I thought the Tang Police would be knocking on my door as soon as I said Yellow Tang in a 55. :p

I know it's not the idea situation, but it was better than what he was in.

Lol, RUN! There on to you

Dramatic moments over, my planed filtration on this is a Rena 722 Xp3 canister along with a peguin 55 hob bio wheel. Should that Suffice? Also 2-3 hydror Koralia 750/850 power heads and a corallife 05271 65g skimmer. Not rated for a 75 but I plan on adding a smaller 20-30 skimmer also later on

For the cost of buying filters I would recommend getting the tank either drilled or adding a hang on overflow and running a sump. To get a fancy acrylic sump around my area costs about 200 bucks and a hob overflow is about 100. For a decent canister is about 250. I know after personal experience your better off to spend the extra 50 for a sump. Way less maintenance and its a natural form of filtration (if you have a refugium) plus the refugium is a great spot for pods to breed to sustain a mandarin which lets face it we all like mandarins. I did the canister thing and it worked so don't think it won't but it is extra work when you have to clean It often. Heck my father in law runs 2 canisters on his tank and it is a great system. However a sump is easier to maintain and adds water volume which adds stability. Plus then you can hide your heaters and skimmer there and not have to look at them.

Oh and on the tang question, Kole "yellow eye" is my vote or I did see once a blue eye tang. Looked identical but had a blue ring around the eye. Very sharp looking.

Back
Top Bottom