Almost killed my cory!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pedikeens11

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was doing a water change on my 30g and rearranging a few things when I noticed the tube was holding and pushing one of my cories almost upside down. Now ive had this cory for almost 8months now and he's the only one that has survived since ive started my aquarium adventurers. As soon as I noticed it I quickly put my hands in and flipped him right side up. Im extremely afraid of touching my fish but I felt horrible!!

Anyone else have an experience like this? I feel horrible!!! I havent stopped staring at the tank in the last 20 mins... (cory seems to be doing fine...up and digging thru dirt as if nothing happened).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I once sucked up a danio that came too close to my hose.. Needless to say I only use my sponge end on any hose now.. Especially with the pump! Good thing I was doing the waterchange and clean-up so I wasn't using my pump.. The danio fell in the bucket and was fine.. Maybe a bit stunned ..

Sucked up a rosy barb in the gravel vac where it got stuck half way along. Lost a few scales but come back great.

Water changes will never be the same for me!!!

I sucked up a football Odessa barb once, nearly ripped it's face off, it was fine 2 weeks later, I had zebra danios and I'd swear they actually enjoyed riding the hose to the bucket, they'd be jockeying to get the next ride.. I gave up in trying to prevent it.. Needless to say they were the easiest fish I've ever re-homed.. No net needed;)

Angel fish and loaches - same thing! It's like they think its a free ride or something. Now I have to chase them away just in case but I've never seen so much interest in a plastic tube. Good thing I don't have a TV in the same room...

My angel is starting to show alot of interest in anything I put in that tank...specially my hands!!! He was attacking the bubbles from the air stone and now he sits and waits for the perfect moment to "ride" the bubbles!!

Back
Top Bottom