Aloha from DPirate Roberts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPirateRoberts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently resealing a 55 gallon tank that I got on craigslist.com for $30. It came with a metal stand that I am sanding and repainting.

I live in Somerville, MA. (Originally from Honolulu.) It's been raining so my sealing and painting projects are on hold. Hopefully it will be sunny soon.

I went online to Drs. Fosters and Smith and purchased an Emperor 400 (I like biowheels) and a Visi-Therm 250 watt heater.

I plan to raise livebearers. I'm thinking fancy guppies, mollies and cory cats.

I currently have a 20 gallon tank that is doing well. It is home to four guppies and two cory cats.

I've been lurking on the boards getting some information on cycling and sealing tanks. I find this site to be well managed and informative.

Wish me luck that my 55 gallon tank will never leak.
:wink:

~ Brad

Well, Sunday's the moment of truth. I test my newly sealed 55g tank to see if it will be leak free or if it will run like a sieve. I'm hoping for the former.

I just bought a Python. I'm a newbie at it and am still figuring out a few kinks (literally) but I absolutely love it. I bought one after hearing people rave about it here on the boards and elsewhere.

One of my females gave birth to 4 fry. I'm leaving them in the tank because the adult fish are pretty tiny themselves and have mouths that are too small to eat them.

*crosses fingers* Let's hope all goes well with the sealing and welcome to AA! ^^

One of your guppies gave birth? Fun ^_^

I must first of all say that The Princess Bride is one of my alltime favorite movies!! :D Nice user name and avatar!!

Secondly - Welcome to AA!

lmw80 said:
I must first of all say that The Princess Bride is one of my alltime favorite movies!! :D Nice user name and avatar!!
Thanks. :)
img_656980_0_7ed6858bedcf0e65791253ca4b88f7a6.gif

Here's a pic of my set up.

There were no leaks, thank goodness. I did my happy dance for that one. I let it sit for several hours with water in it to the top and... no leaks. Yay!

I set it up and I am in the process of cycling it. There's so much temptation to just dump fish in there, but I'm going to be good about it and wait.

If anyone is going to seal or reseal their glass tanks, make sure that the glass is clean clean clean in order for the sealant to do its job properly. That's a newbie's advice for other newbies.

Interesting readings today:

Ammonia: 0.00
Nitrite: 2.00
Nitrate: 10.00

Doing a water change as we 'speak'...
:)

Good luck and welcome! Tank looks like a success to me. Be careful with keeping fish........It's quite addicting! I've been at it for several years and can't seem to stop. I think your 55 gallon will be quite beautiful with a thriving community of fancy guppies! Eventually the addition of some live plants would be awesome! Again welcome.

Back
Top Bottom