Alright!! FISH ONLY!!! Clown and Firefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam_keene

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just fishished my cycle and i picked up a oscellaris clown TR, and a firefish. What do i need to know?? the clown behaves odd.. he moves up and down repeatedly. Is this normal?

well i have both of those fish and the up and down is normal i had a few fish do that while they got familiar to the tank. my clown always swims around and hangs out in my leather toadstools. the firefish was shy and hid out for about a week under some coral. but after that he swims around and does his little gig or dance for some reason but its cool though. As far as feeding goes i just use prime flakes, and a few times a week i soak them in selcon. both are healthy, bright in color and i have never had any problems with them getting sick. but their both cool fish so good choice and have fun watchin them

adam - just wanted to share something interesting about the clowns (I have both clowns and firefish also). I bought an established tank from someone in town. I asked him if we should get an anemone for the clowns and he thought it would harm the firefish so he put a huge conch in the tank. When he introduced a larger fish to the tank the clowns made the conch their home! At night when we turn out the lights all three fish go to their "beds" and the clowns actually LAY in the conch until we turn the light back on! They stick by it all day too. The firefish always tries to get in there too but they push him out if he gets in.

flame82 - I added a tang and I've only seen my firefish once in the last 10 days. Any idea how to coax him out?

I have only had my firefish for a day and he is really active. You don't need to know much. Both of those fish are VERY easy to take care of. Here is a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• 38gallon_131.jpg
    38gallon_131.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 337
  • firefish_198.jpg
    firefish_198.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 326
  • fireclown_954.jpg
    fireclown_954.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 336
yeah the up and down mtion is normal...its used for swimming through anenomes...well you know,sorry cant go in depth about since i cant remember right now

and is that all yur putting in there? or are you getting more later?

Who?? Me?

I am adding a royal gramma for sure. Not sure after that. Maybe one other small fish. I will just have to see how it goes.

There is three small fish and 5 blue leg hermits. That is it. That tank is a work in progress. It looks pretty good for what it is. I just wish it had sand in it.

interesting... odd fish... what is the best temp and specific gravity? and all other water conditions? I feel like im missing something.... something does not seem right... could just be paranoid

I keep my tanks at 78-79 degrees with a SG of 1.024. Everything is fine.

I think your just paranoid. I always am when I first start a new tank. I always put a damsel in first to make sure water is ok. Then I still get worried whenever I add a more expensive fish.

Back
Top Bottom