Always have a veggie clip!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ivan_dalmatia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For people with tangs, always have Fresh green lettuce or nori sea weed on a veggie clip or you will probably have a battle with HLLE!!!
You can also use fresh peach, apricot or cooked broccoli
"Selcom" also an amazing product

Every tang i see in the LFS has the beginnings of HLLE. Its sad.

Have you been battling HLLE? You have a TON of tangs!! I don't have tangs, but my fish go through a ton of seaweed for their little size lol.

I have a yellow belly hippo, yellow tang, moorish idol and a foxface that eat nori and they go though a half a sheet a day easily. That's within a couple hours of placing the clip in the tank.

I have a yellow belly hippo, yellow tang, moorish idol and a foxface that eat nori and they go though a half a sheet a day easily. That's within a couple hours of placing the clip in the tank.

Mine love lettuce and red nori, i think they like the lettuce more. But ya, a sheet is gone in 2-3 hrs

Nice! How long have you had the idol?

Nice! How long have you had the idol?

Got him about 8-9 weeks ago. QT him in the store and brought him home to my personal tank 9-10 days ago. He's eating nori, brine, mysis, and my marine beta started eating brine and mysis as well. I got lucky on them. :) he's a beautiful fish.

This is the foxface, yellow tang and moorish all eating off the clip getting along great. The yellow belly likes to tear a big chunk off and chase it around the tank eating it.

Attachments

• image-4016082401.jpg
    image-4016082401.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 139
Do you do anything to the lettuce before putting it on the clip? Can yo leave it in there for a couple of days if your away from home for a couple of days?

woody390 said:
Can yo leave it in there for a couple of days if your away from home for a couple of days?

Its generally not a good idea to let food sit in the tank for any extended anount of time. Itll break down and cause problems

Do you do anything to the lettuce before putting it on the clip? Can yo leave it in there for a couple of days if your away from home for a couple of days?

Best if its fresh, it will get very soft after a couple of hours, but they will it it before it goes bad.
As the lettuce goes, its just rinsed romain lettuce.

Does your marine betta eat pellets as well?

Yes the beta eats pellets as well but i dont typically feed pellets unless im really short on time or having someone feed my fish if im out of town. I'm pretty sure he ate about $200 worth of shrimp too so he will be finding a new home after i am sure he has made agood recovery from shipping and transferring tanks. I dont want to stress him into coming off of prepared food and pellets since hes already eaten my cleaners and peppermints. My coral banded keeps him at bay though. So he cant do much more damage anyway.

I put some in for my flame angle twice aweek and my clowns go craze for it

I feed at least one sheet of nori each day. The interesting thing is, I hear you all say that its gone within an hour or 2. I have 3 tangs (a blue hippo, a yellow, and a sailfin):and a fox face. When I put the full sheet in, its gone within minutes. 5 at the most. Does that mean I am not feeding them enough algae sheets. I also feed mysis and brine every other day. Along with pellets every once in a while. All my fish eat the meaty preparations. Including the marine beta. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom