Always have a veggie clip!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feed at least one sheet of nori each day. The interesting thing is, I hear you all say that its gone within an hour or 2. I have 3 tangs (a blue hippo, a yellow, and a sailfin):and a fox face. When I put the full sheet in, its gone within minutes. 5 at the most. Does that mean I am not feeding them enough algae sheets. I also feed mysis and brine every other day. Along with pellets every once in a while. All my fish eat the meaty preparations. Including the marine beta. Any thoughts?

Just means your fish are pigs lol I don't feed them that much because tangs instantly rid the food from their body and can make a mess of a tank if they eat that much.

Fat tangs are healthy tangs. Tangs need lots of variety, but as much green material like nori or lettuce, even spinach, the better. i chose to set up a bigger filter system, because pumping surgeonfish, or any fish full of food is a great way to get a healthy peaceful tank. If they'll eat it I'm feeding them. And I can keep the water good enough for SPS at the same time.

I went for a long while without feeding much at all. Fish survived but didn't like it. This is much better in my case.

Attachments

• image-527557242.jpg
    image-527557242.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 70
Fat tangs are healthy tangs. Tangs need lots of variety, but as much green material like nori or lettuce, even spinach, the better. i chose to set up a bigger filter system, because pumping surgeonfish, or any fish full of food is a great way to get a healthy peaceful tank. If they'll eat it I'm feeding them. And I can keep the water good enough for SPS at the same time.

I went for a long while without feeding much at all. Fish survived but didn't like it. This is much better in my case.
I run a 350 gallon skimmer on my 210 and run a 75 gallon fuge/sump. My tangs are small so I generally only feed them a half of a sheet. Mine won't just chow down on the nori because I typically feed the rest of the tank before adding nori due to my fox-face gets a little close when I put nori in if he hasn't been fed yet. Also gives them something to pick at for a few hours and occupy their time giving them less time to become aggressive. I feed them enough but I guess some tangs will eat really fast while some would rather peck at it slowly. None of mine will just sit there and eat it away they rip a piece off and eat it elsewhere taking turns on the clip. Almost like the actually get along.

When my restocked clip goes in my foxface goes at it like he's never been feed before. Every day boom as soon as I open the lid he zooms straight to the clip, have to be **** careful not to touch him ?

When my restocked clip goes in my foxface goes at it like he's never been feed before. Every day boom as soon as I open the lid he zooms straight to the clip, have to be **** careful not to touch him dde1c

Ouch!! Did you panic cause it hurt so much,?,? Haha, sorry its just funny.
My buddy had one till he got it!!! Burns like a bi***! Watch out, not fun getting it from a foxface, might as well grab a lion fish lol!!

Lucky I've not been caught by him yet, not like he cares when he sees the clip it's like screw the world it's dinner time. :)

Back
Top Bottom