Am i good on fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BozziniINC

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have 1 oscar 1 sengal bichir 1 belly crawler pike and 1 striped rapheal with a sailfin pleco in a 70 gallon. I have a big fluval 403 filter with some black hang over filter. I was going to get a second fluval filter for christmas. Am i stocked on fish? And if not what fish would u suggest?

In my opinion, that's actually extremely overstocked. I would consider rehoming some of them.

I think people go crazy with having only one or two fish in a large aquarium like yours. I have more than that in a 55 that are large fish an they are fine just keep up with water changes and cleaning and watch for issues between fish if one is too aggressive u might want to move it and maybe consider a larger tank in the future.

Surprisingly my oscar knows what fish to be aggresive to and who not to. Like i had him with a clown loach half an inch long when i first did this fish thing and he never harmed them. He actually let them play around him no problems. The only fish he attacks is his monthly treat of minnows :)

Yea exactly. Every fish is different and has its own personality your Oscar could b the nicest fish eventho hey have a bad reputation. My Texas and pike cichlids are friendly as can b and are inseparable. It all depends on the fish

I have a leporinus with my Texas,pike,Ebjd and fire mouth and he's growing quick and doing good. They nip at find of slower fish but I haven't had any problems really besides him an my Ebjd don't get along. Leporinus are very active and entertaining so I would say u could do one with an Oscar. Same with the green terror but u have no personal experience with them. I know of ppl who keep both together

Back
Top Bottom