Am I underfeeding my corydoras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whatsgoodm8

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone [emoji1]
I have a 6 gallon tank with 3 juvenile bronze corydoras (~1.5 inches). There are no other fish or invertebrates in there so there are no leftovers from feeding other fish. For the cories, I'm currently feeding half of a Hikari Sinking Wafer daily. Is that enough?

That does sound little to me, since you have three. I'm guessing you only feed them once per day.
At minimum I would advise feeding them that amount twice in a day, breakfast and dinner. Like people and other animals they do need to have more than one meal time. With them so small, one full wafer throughout the day might be enough, but you can always feed more and see how much they leave. :popcorn:

Thank you for the reply. If I feed these guys 2/3 wafers, pellets etc, they will keep going keep eating but much slower, and the food starts to make the tank cloudy

Wow yours barely eat anything! Is that 2/3rds in one sitting? Have you tried doing a half in the morning and a half in the evening?
Also do you have live plants in there?

I meant 2 or 3 wafers plus pellets they will eat everything in one sitting (not 2/3 of one wafer)?. Yes, heavily planted, sand and Flourish Tabs. I'm looking to add a rock with moss.

Oh! :blink: That explains it. All of that plant life also gives them sustenance.
What was it that made you worry you weren't feeding them enough?

Well, when you see cories on YouTube, they're fat and lazy just chilling on the bottom. Mine are active, thin and always looking for food. Obviously they do chill from time to time. It could just be that mine are juveniles and other people's cories are adults

Oh, yeah. When mine were super young they zipped around everywhere, and as they get bigger they start meandering around the bottom more.

Back
Top Bottom