Amano Shrimp Teleporation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
About a week ago I added 2 Amano shrimp to my 15gal tank. They used to be out all the time but the past few days I have not seen them. I have drift wood in the tank and they seemed to like to hide inside of it but they did emerge to feed. In the tank I have Serpae tetras, harlequin rasboras, a small orange bee shrimp, a clown pleco and a red fire dwarf gourami and 2 ottos. I did not notice the shrimp getting picked on at all. The orange bee shrimp is out and about eating off my java moss and other plants, he seems very healthy and happy. I do not have a hood, I have a fluorescent fixture. Maybe they climbed out? What could have happened to my Amano shrimp?

They most definitely can, and do, climb out of lidless tanks. They are also super good at disappearing for days at a time, and reappearing just when you are certain they are dead. It could go either way, but I would get a lid for the tank.

Ditto to the above post and LOOOOOVE the title to this post! I had a similar experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom