Amazon swords not looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean i havent measured my Nitrate level but im sure its a nitrogen/potassium deficiency as im getting curling and yellowing of the leaves

I mean i havent measured my Nitrate level but im sure its a nitrogen/potassium deficiency as im getting curling and yellowing of the leaves

Grab a nitrate and phosphate test. That way you know (roughly) and can adjust dosing as plants grow.

Grab a nitrate and phosphate test. That way you know (roughly) and can adjust dosing as plants grow.

Ok i'll head to my pet store and get one
Also if I was to start dosing I was what would I be better of doing el weekly or el daily?

Caliban07 I've uploaded some pictures of the tank let me know
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Also if I was to start dosing I was what would I be better of doing el weekly or el daily?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure if I have this right but I dose daily (so I think EI daily). I think that's better for the fish and a more consistent dose for plants (if I understand the question). After a water change though I do double-dose potassium. I used to also do a heavy dose of micro ferts after a water change as well but have dropped it off as the daily dosing seems to do the job.

I don't really follow EI though (dose similar but I adjust my dosing to maintain levels) so someone else could know more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I dose EI to recommended by Rotalabutterfly calc. I don't take fish into account and never have. Never lost a fish to nitrates yet. Lost a few to messing with the GH and co2 but never to nitrates. Mine sits on the high side to be honest 20-30 most of the time.

Kno3 mainly for the heavily planted and pressurised co2. I'd say it's more likely a calcium issue. I had the same systems when low on mg and calcium. How's your water? Is it soft from the tap?

My tank is lightly stocked tho. I've got 8 tetras 3 SAE's 2 otto's 2 angels in a 60g. I've always been lightly stocked as the fish don't really interest me lol

I dose EI to recommended by Rotalabutterfly calc. I don't take fish into account and never have. Never lost a fish to nitrates yet. Lost a few to messing with the GH and co2 but never to nitrates. Mine sits on the high side to be honest 20-30 most of the time.

Kno3 mainly for the heavily planted and pressurised co2. I'd say it's more likely a calcium issue. I had the same systems when low on mg and calcium. How's your water? Is it soft from the tap?

My tank is lightly stocked tho. I've got 8 tetras 3 SAE's 2 otto's 2 angels in a 60g. I've always been lightly stocked as the fish don't really interest me lol

Thing is I don't know what to do and what to add as I'm not sure if it's Calcium or N and K how do you tell the difference

And you said it's calcium so by me adding that won't it affect the GH?

As for the water the Hot water is connected to a water softer where as the cold water is normal (hard)

I recently had this problem so I can help you a bit. So my GH is 6 and you would think that would be enough calcium and magnesium. Well my assumption was right in I did not have enough. My Ca was 10 and my Mg was 4. You should be able to get a water report. If as you said you are connected to a water softener then most likely your levels are low. You want to shoot for at least 30ppm Ca and 10ppm Mg. I would go a bit higher but you want to be close to the 3:1 Ca/Mg levels. I use a GH booster from nilocG. Any product will tell you how much you need to add to get the desired GH. But yes adding calcium will bring your GH up. Let me know if you need more details of what to do.

Thanks for that i'll have a look into that!

I was also wondering I am adding fertiliser and liquid carbon to my tank every other day is that still good for the plants?

Only reason I'm doing it is to limit the amount I dose and the frequency of the water changes

Back
Top Bottom