Ammonia burns or coloring or something else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmglus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm back again with my rescued betta. He's doing fine in his 3 gallon and his filter (he's getting his heater tonight after the first one we got didn't work [emoji849]), and I'm noticing his fins have white around the edges. I think it's his fins growing back from either fin rot or tail biting. But there's a silvery grey color to some of his fins and body - it's not fuzzy and he seems to be acting fine. I noticed that the regrowth is red/white but the original grey color is staying the same. Is this ammonia burns from when he was in his bad conditions before I got him? He's eating well and he is active and I'm keeping up with water changes. If it is ammoniIMG_3366.jpgIMG_3365.jpg

Hey guys, I'm back again with my rescued betta. He's doing fine in his 3 gallon and his filter (he's getting his heater tonight after the first one we got didn't work [emoji849]), and I'm noticing his fins have white around the edges. I think it's his fins growing back from either fin rot or tail biting. But there's a silvery grey color to some of his fins and body - it's not fuzzy and he seems to be acting fine. I noticed that the regrowth is red/white but the original grey color is staying the same. Is this ammonia burns from when he was in his bad conditions before I got him? He's eating well and he is active and I'm keeping up with water changes. View attachment 303823View attachment 303824

If it is ammonia poisoning or something else , what can I do for him?

If the Bettas slime coat has been damaged by bad water conditions, the best treatment are water conditioners that contain aloe Vera. There are a lot of products to.choose from. I think the product of choice these days is Sea Chems Stress Gaurd. Watch out for a secondary bacterial infection. Good luck.

If the Bettas slime coat has been damaged by bad water conditions, the best treatment are water conditioners that contain aloe Vera. There are a lot of products to.choose from. I think the product of choice these days is Sea Chems Stress Gaurd. Watch out for a secondary bacterial infection. Good luck.

I've been using seachem prime, and I've heard that helps with slime coat. Would this be sufficient?

Yes, I think SeaChem Prime also supports slime coat health.

Back
Top Bottom