Ammonia check

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
O I got the API kasher test kit checked my ammonia and it was high...put some ammo lock in checked it two hours later still yellowish green..am I just color blind or has it not changed..and my original ammonia was .25 ppm in 8.2 ph

The best thing to do when you find you have ammonia or nitrites is a PWC using decholinator. Adding ammonia lock can affect your cycle.

+1. You have another thread about this exact same thing. Please try to stick to one thread and respond to people so they can help you.

O I got the API kasher test kit checked my ammonia and it was high...put some ammo lock in checked it two hours later still yellowish green..am I just color blind or has it not changed..and my original ammonia was .25 ppm in 8.2 ph
ammo lock, prime, etc do not remove ammonia they only temporarily detoxify it.

All the salicylate tests show total ammonia, both NH3 and NH4. So the lock product results don't show up on the tests. If you have fish in, be sure to follow the directions for reapplication of the lock product and do water changes if the total ammonia starts to rise.

Back
Top Bottom