Ammonia during fish in cycling.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2tanks1month

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My first tank and I made the mistake of getting fish before the tank cycled. I've been testing and doing water changes daily, sometimes twice a day. I can't seem to get the ammonia below .25. My question is if I use "Ammo Lock", will the tank continue to cycle??

Hi 2tanks1month:

Yes, it will, although it might slow things down just a bit. What do your nitrite and nitrate levels look like? How long have you been cycling?

-Yorg

My first tank and I made the mistake of getting fish before the tank cycled. I've been testing and doing water changes daily, sometimes twice a day. I can't seem to get the ammonia below .25. My question is if I use "Ammo Lock", will the tank continue to cycle??

Nitrite and Nitrate's are 0, The tank has been running for 14 days. The fish seem to be doing fine.

Nitrite and Nitrate's are 0, The tank has been running for 14 days. The fish seem to be doing fine. Friday the Nitrate was 20 but came back to 0 after the water change.

Nitrite and Nitrate's are 0, The tank has been running for 14 days. The fish seem to be doing fine. Friday the Nitrate was 20 but came back to 0 after the water change.

That's impossible without changing 100% of the water....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I was using strips to test, the I went and got a master kit. that's when the Nitrate came down, maybe it's hasn't started to cycle yet.

Back
Top Bottom