Ammonia jumped to 8.0ppm overnight?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ammonia out of the tap is 0.25ppm, The chlorine level is 3ppm. Unfortunately - there's no clubs in my area, although I tried to start one up and no one has bothered to join yet. I am part of one in the area where my University is, but that's a good 8 hour drive away, I can't make that trip every time I need to do a water change unfortunately :[

The pet stores around here don't even have an RO system - excluding the one single family owned one which doesn't sell RO water to the public.

Sorry on the mix up for the Chlorine.

Think its time for an online unit purchase, obviously that doesn't help immediately. Can you call the company for Prime and ask their recommendation for treatment. Also you can get a few big plastic tote tubs and let the water sit for a few days before you put it in. Then once the tank is set up and filled...doing weekly pwc after sitting the water out would be a chore but do-able for an on-going basis.

The loss of the fish and the inability to solve the emergency is just terrible, I went through something similar recently, and it is heart breaking.

Sorry on the mix up for the Chlorine.

Think its time for an online unit purchase, obviously that doesn't help immediately. Can you call the company for Prime and ask their recommendation for treatment. Also you can get a few big plastic tote tubs and let the water sit for a few days before you put it in. Then once the tank is set up and filled...doing weekly pwc after sitting the water out would be a chore but do-able for an on-going basis.

I've had no luck trying to find a 1800 number for Prime - so unfortunately, until I can find one, I can't phone.

The loss of the fish and the inability to solve the emergency is just terrible, I went through something similar recently, and it is heart breaking.

I so wish we could purchase an RODI unit - but we can neither afford one or have the room for it. I do have a bucket that I have been letting the water sit out for a day before I do a water change. Unfortunately, the bucket will only hold 30% of water back into the tank. I did do another 30% pwc this morning. The two decent angels are swimming around, but the angel in the previously posted picture is just hanging out at the end of the drift wood now :[

You can use the white rock stuff to get things back in check not a good idea to use it every day but it will get things in check until the cycle restarts

Zeolite is the real name it goes by a lot of brands ammonia chips is one, aqua clear has one just called ammonia reducer

Zeolite is the real name it goes by a lot of brands ammonia chips is one, aqua clear has one just called ammonia reducer

Mmm - should I use that as well as a bottle of cycle? Or just keep the Cycle out of it?

I did a 50% pwc after I found the angel in the above picture dead. She/he crammed herself between two rocks in the tank :[

Two angels, and three Neons left of the original stock.

You can use both but I don't like cycle stability works much better

I bought the smaller bottle of stability and added it to my tank when I got home. I couldn't find zeolite - but I picked up ammonia Lock by API.

My remaining friends seem happier since I added in the Ammonia lock.

Back
Top Bottom