Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate/pH Levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobbFErwin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm aware that for a community tank that Ammonia should be 0, pH between 6.5-7.5, Nitrite should be 0, and Nitrate should be <50ppm.

But what is considered dangerously high for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate? I would like to think that there must be somewhat of a buffer zone.

I guess another way of asking would be, what are the safe parameters for the levels in the water?

Also, What are solutions to pH level, Nitrite, Nitrate, and Ammonia?

Thanks in advance.

PH levels differ on a fish by fish basis. There is not a toxic level. You just need to research what ranges your fish can accept.

Ammonia and nitrite become toxic at different levels depending on ph and temperature. Google "ammonia toxicity chart" to see some examples. As a general rule less than 0.5 ppm will be safe in in most circumstances.

I typically try to keep nitrates below 30 ppm.

PH levels differ on a fish by fish basis. There is not a toxic level. You just need to research what ranges your fish can accept.

Ammonia and nitrite become toxic at different levels depending on ph and temperature. Google "ammonia toxicity chart" to see some examples. As a general rule less than 0.5 ppm will be safe in in most circumstances.

I typically try to keep nitrates below 30 ppm.

What about your nitrites?

Back
Top Bottom