Anchor worm problem. Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldie82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm having a problem with anchor worms. I first noticed one on one of my fish as it appeared as a small "string" hanging from his head. It went away or so I thought and left a red mark on his head. A couple of days later I notice two red marks on his body. One on his side and one on his tail. I also noticed the white worm hanging from both red marks. I now have another fish with an anchor worm attached to his back so I know I have an infestation in the tank. I've read that you can use tweezers to remove but I dont think I want to go that route so I bought cupramine, as advised by my local fish store. I have juSt added this to my tank and am awaiting results. So what should I expect? Will the worms fall off the fish and kill any remaining eggs in the tank? How soon should I see results? Is there anything else I should be doing?

The tank is setup as follows

- 36 gallon tank
- 3 goldfish (smaller size)
- air stone
- canister filter ( carbon removed)
- water tested. With perfect water

Thanks for any advise

How they going? I was thinking extra water changes like ich to help get rid of them but don't know much on these.

Back
Top Bottom