Anchoring Anacharis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpyGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of adding some Anacharis to my daughter's fish tank. I had some in my tank when I was a kid and thought it was a nice looking plant. But I remember it has a tendency to become dislodged from the gravel and float around the tank. Any recommendations on how to anchor this plant?

SpyGuy said:
I'm thinking of adding some Anacharis to my daughter's fish tank. I had some in my tank when I was a kid and thought it was a nice looking plant. But I remember it has a tendency to become dislodged from the gravel and float around the tank. Any recommendations on how to anchor this plant?

I have a bunch of it (3 actually) and I know what you mean lol.

I use plant weights, they're like $2 for a dozen. But lots of LFS have them on it already. It's a good plant IMO, but some aren't big on it or using weights.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

But lots of LFS have them on it already.
My LFS doesn't: they are just tied together with rubber bands and floating in a tank. I looked for special weights on the shelves, but nothing. Obviously, I wouldn't want anything with exposed heavy metals.

SpyGuy said:
My LFS doesn't: they are just tied together with rubber bands and floating in a tank. I looked for special weights on the shelves, but nothing. Obviously, I wouldn't want anything with exposed heavy metals.

The ones I get are tank safe. They work great when I feed my goldfish a wedge of zucchini too, to weight it down :p

Attach a split-shot fishing weight to the rubber band and bury it all in the substrate. The rubber band should hold up long enough for the anacharis to take root. Lead doesn't leach into the tank.

BigJim said:
Attach a split-shot fishing weight to the rubber band and bury it all in the substrate. The rubber band should hold up long enough for the anacharis to take root. Lead doesn't leach into the tank.

Great idea bigjim!

Back
Top Bottom