Anemone Advice ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaceFace

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i don't have any anemones yet, but i think i might be getting one or two soonish. i just wanna know when you buy em can you put them where you wanna put them in your tank or do you have to let them pick their own spots?
and can you touch them, or aren't they poisoness?

???

Anemones should be kept under high lights in a well established tank (like one year old). As far as placement. They are a living moving creature. They will find their own spot. They like to hide their feet. So a high rock that they can curl from the bottom of is where they will end up. They might sting fish but I touch mine and it has never bothered me so I dont think most common anemones will hurt you. Once you put it in you wont be able to move it. They are strong unless you rip it off.

The comment above basically covered their care. They require brighter lights than a lot of corals do, and they move around a lot. Many people become frustrated with anemones because you will put it in a desired spot, and the next morning you will find it on the complete opposite side if the tank. Sometimes if you point your powerhead pump at the spot that you want to place your anemone, you will have a better chance of it staying there, but most of the time you will not have control of where it goes. Just make sure it doesn't get anywhere near the actual equipment because I have had anemones travel into my pumps and filters and get chopped up into dust from the impellers, and then get sprayed all over the tank. Also, make sure they don't get near your corals, because they will definitely sting them.

Not trying to be scrooge but I would not have one in a 12 gallon tank let alone two of them. Too small of a tank for them. JMO

Yes too small! Even for one. I have two in a 75 gal.
I have one that roams and one that has stays put.

Attachments

• Longtent.jpg
    Longtent.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PA250008.jpg
    PA250008.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 80
  • PA250006.jpg
    PA250006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 75
Here are mine in a 72G Bow Front

img_1060370_0_a43bc509fad1e6bb710c9aed0cceb6a8.jpg

The 4 RBTA's I had them but since this Picture I have 5....

Back
Top Bottom