Anemone or Coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skidrow52

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this Anemone since 3 months but I think it is a coral, my clownfishes never came near this anemone.

Can anyone identify what is it actually?

Attachments

• 07032010443.jpg
    07032010443.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 61
it is an anemone and some clowns don't swim in anemone tell me the kind of clown and does it have a foot looking thing. Also if you see the foot it is anemone and you should always drop you food neer it (if you have pellets so your clowns will have to go neer it) then they will see it is an anemone and they will stay in it and defend it. Maby even your clowns will breed. :D

Hard to tell, but it might be an Elephant Ear mushroom (Rhodactis mussoides). There is no guarantee a clown will go into any anemone. The mushroom, if that's what it is, could host it as easily as an anemone.

Elephant Ear Mushroom

I agree with Capt. That immeadiatley made me think ricordea. Rics are a coral, however clowns also host corals. They don't need to host anything to be happy and healthy though. I have a BTA anenome that my clown never ventures near. He's been happy for a long time in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom