Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It only comes out of some old coral Skelton on a live rock. It's clear and seems to be staying put and not spreading? The aipastia crossed my mine but doesn't look like any I've seen?

It only comes out of some old coral Skelton on a live rock. It's clear and seems to be staying put and not spreading? The aipastia crossed my mine but doesn't look like any I've seen?
Yea that's aipastia. I have some in my tank that looks just like those. And they all started from one big one. They will prob be getting color anytime at that size.

Ok so I know we have decided on aipastia, but I have been researching and there is no tube structure like aipastia and it comes out of a skeleton. I was thinking corynactis or a ball anemone am I crazy? Thanks guys!

Ok so I know we have decided on aipastia, but I have been researching and there is no tube structure like aipastia and it comes out of a skeleton. I was thinking corynactis or a ball anemone am I crazy? Thanks guys!
Aiptasia can vary all the time. Anyways, not many anemones other than pest anemones would pop up so quickly and spread like the ones in the picture.

I bought the live rock with what was thought old coral skeleton after a week or so in my qt tank I noticed the skeletons were alive with these white tipped anemones, that's all I'm saying I know it is probably aipastia but it looks different to me

These are most definitely corynactis and not aiptasia as you can tell from the small ball like tips. Some people consider them pests but a lot of people like them and keep them, they are'nt considered pests as much as aiptasia.

Thank you guys! I knew I should second guess myself! They will be staying no harm no foul

Back
Top Bottom